We know that stress can have an impact on our marriages. Here are some suggestions from PsychCentral on helping your spouse de-stress.
1. Listen – Give them some space & just listen. Sometimes our spouse doesn’t want advice, they just want to feel heard.
2. Comfort – A kind word, soft touch, or hug can say volumes.
3. Get Active Together – We’ve known for a long time that exercise is an excellent stress reducer – take a walk, go bowling, how about a bike ride?
4. Create a list of stress-reducing rituals – reading a book, taking a bath, get a massage – encourage your spouse to take some time for themselves.
5. Make love – another wonderful stress reduces.